Getting a keratin treatment can permanently damage your curls, however, if they do come back, it will take a very long time to grow out the parts of your hair that were relaxed. To help combat permanent curl loss, use the right products and establish a good haircare routine early on post-treatment.
Can keratin treatment be reversed?
When you don't like how the hair looks or feels, you want to reverse it. While it's possible to reverse a keratin treatment, you can't do it in one day. You also can't do it in one week. It will take you several weeks to completely reverse the keratin treatment.
How can I restore my hair after keratin treatment?
Therefore, you must moisturize your dry hair with a moisture-rich conditioner and related hair products to delay the effects of the keratin treatment and lessen swelling after hair washing. A hair recovery conditioner can help your hair by improving smoothness, durability, and can prevent breakage.
Will my hair ever go back to normal after a keratin treatment?
Keratin treatments don't harm the hair in the same way as conventional hair and relaxing techniques do. After two to three months of treatment, the hair returns to its natural form.
Does keratin ruin curl pattern?
Does keratin treatment straighten or loosen curls? Keratin for curly hair works good for making the wavy hair more manageable and frizz-free. Basically, it enhances the natural hair texture but does straighten or loosens the curls of your hair.
How do I get my curly hair back after treatment?
How To Bring Your Curls Back To Life
- Consider co-washing. One of the most coveted secrets of the curl community is co-washing.
- Get rid of build up.
- Cut out the damage.
- Break up with your heat stylers.
- Moisture, moisture, moisture.
- Experiment with your styling.
- Make masks a focus.
How do I make my hair wavy after keratin treatment?
Here are a few tips on how to curl your hair after a keratin treatment:
- Allow a minimum of seven days for the treatment to settle before curling hair.
- Use a heat protectant before styling.
- Choose the right barrel size for your desired curl.
- Don't use too high of a heat setting.
- Let the curls cool before brushing out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does curly hair go back to normal after keratin treatment?
Hair grows at a rate of 1/2 inch a month, normally and that is what you will see first in the process of growth after a keratin treatment. Although the treatment is semi-permanent, and this is what most people do not understand, the hair will not go back to what it was before.
How do you reverse keratin treatment?
Mix salt and yogurt and let the mixture sit for a few minutes. To remove the keratin, begin with rinsing the hair with lukewarm water, then gently apply the mixture to your hair then massage it evenly throughout.
- Will my hair go back to normal after keratin?
- In general, temporary curls from a keratin treatment can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. The curls tend to loosen over time as the keratin treatment wears off and the hair returns to its natural state. However, the curls may last longer if you have naturally curly or wavy hair to begin with.
- How do you restore curly hair after keratin?
- Additional pro tips
- Keep hair pinned or tucked away during the growing-out phase.
- Make use of nourishing hair oils and masks.
- Sleep with a silk wrap or pillowcase to eliminate friction.
- Minimize the use of heat styling tools.
- Keep hairstyles on the looser side—tight ponytails will put tension on strands.