Yes, the very same mica powder that is sold under the name Pearl Ex and is used in crafts. But even if an eye shadow color is very, very sparkly and full of mica shimmer, it will still contain other pigments and carrier ingredients. While an eye shadow can contain mica powder, eye shadow itself is not mica powder.
What ingredients do I need to make eyeshadow?
Homemade Eyeshadow Recipe
- Arrowroot powder.
- Bentonite clay (or clay of choice)
- Mica powder and/or cocoa powder (depending on the color you want to make)
- Sweet Almond oil.
How do you make cosmetic mica powder?
While you can purchase mica powder, you can also make your own using mica flakes, which are cheaper and more widely available.
- Pour food-grade mica flakes into a food processor.
- Close the food processor.
- Turn the food processor on, allowing the motion and the blades to turn the flakes to powder.
How do you make pigment eyeshadow?
9 Easy Ways to Make Your Eyeshadow Really Pop
- Prime Your Eye Area Using Concealer.
- Use an Eyeshadow Primer (But Only If It's Pigmented)
- Stamp Then Blend.
- Spray Your Brush With Makeup Setting Spray.
- Apply Eyeshadow With Your Fingers.
- Try Layering Your Eye Makeup Products.
What can I mix with mica powder to make eyeshadow?
Simple Three-Ingredient Eyeshadow
- 1/4 teaspoon cosmetic grade mica powder (color of your choice)
- A few drops of 91% rubbing alcohol.
- A few drops of oil (we like vitamin E, jojoba, argan, or sweet almond)
How do you make homemade eyeshadow?
- For multiple colors, set out the desired number of small mixing or dipping bowls.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon each of arrowroot powder and bentonite clay into each bowl.
- Stir in 1/8 of a teaspoon of the desired color with a toothpick.
- If making powdered eyeshadow, transfer it to a small airtight container.